Thursday 25 September 2014

MEMOIRS OF A DANCER

The gorgeous bride and groom


She walked down the aisle looking like an angel. At that moment, I turned around to see her fiancée's face and oh my the glow that spread across his face made me believe in fairy tales all over again. The angel that was gracefully walking past the eyes of her friends and family is a girl that I used to dance with when I first began to enjoy this beautiful form of art.


The theme of the wedding included peacock feathers which brought a touch of India to England.
The ceiling in the venue was draped in crisp white linen and was covered in fairy lights; making the reception almost magical.
Long rehearsals, last minute outfit changes, the rush of adrenaline as we stood backstage, the vibrations that made its way from the sound system to my feet and the way my limbs moved in sync with the beat.

I miss dancing. When I say I miss it, I mean my body literally quivers at the thought of it and is hungry for an empty dance studio and music. This art form will always remain close to my heart due to many reasons. It's hard to describe how I feel when I am on stage or even in the comfort of being alone in a studio.

How I wish I could carry on dancing on a regular basis; but circumstances have made it difficult. Unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in a day and time is something which I long to have more of. I want to relive my past memories of entering competitions and dancing to entertain. But I guess those succinct moments will have to be stored in my long-term memory, all in the hope that I can revoke them one last time in the future...



No comments:

Post a Comment