Saturday 9 August 2014

#3 HARRY POTTER MARATHON

At the tender age of 7, I watched a film which spurred me on to read like a maniac for the next few years. 

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

I still remember the moment I opened up the book and the words of J.K. Rowling flew from the pages and toyed with my imagination. From that moment on, I awaited the release of every other sequential book and film like many other 7/8 year old children.

It's amazing, sad even, that the finale of this amazing series was also the end of the childhood of a generation. The harsh reality of growing up hit me as I watched Harry Potter's son board the train in the Deathly Hallows Part 2...

It's only when you watch all the films in one go that you realise how quick you've grown up as a person. I don't know, maybe I'm looking into it too much. But I can't help but think how different I was when I was 7 to when I turned 17. Time really does fly doesn't it?

Having a Harry Potter marathon was on my summer bucket list and I'm happy to say that I've finally finished it. Currently I am extremely tired and will be hibernating for the next week or so!

http://bewitchthemind.tumblr.com/post/755702757

I'm still very upset that I didn't get my letter to go to Hogwarts when I was 11, but whatever I'm not holding any grudges.


No comments:

Post a Comment