Wednesday 27 August 2014

PINK FOR A BROWN GIRL?!

People who are close to me know that I'm a sucker for lipstick. You will always see me wearing some shade of lipstick and at least two of them can always be found in my handbag. 

It's a nightmare trying to find a shade of pink lipstick that suits my skin tone. I either end up looking like Nicki Minaj during her Barbie days (never a good look!) or it doesn't even look like I have anything on.

Shade: Midimauve (Satin)
You can just about imagine my pure joy when I walk into Mac and find the perfect shade. With the help of a wonderful make-up artist, I was able to find a satin lipstick - Midimauve. It perfectly compliments my skin and makes my face look naturally brighter.

So for the ladies that are a slightly darker shade of brown and fancy a lipstick that looks natural; here are some tips for when choosing a shade that helped me:
  • Don't go for pinks that are close to brown. It will make your lips blend into the rest of your skin and it's hard to define the lip line.
  • If you fancy something bold, go for bright pink which has a warm undertone. It looks great against dark skin and would be perfect for a night out.
  • The best thing to do would be to get professional help, you don't want to spend around £20 on a lipstick which looks terrible on you!





No comments:

Post a Comment