Tuesday 19 August 2014

#4 INFERNO


"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

Dan Brown has always been one of my top favourite authors, and rightly so for a number of reasons. The way he combines science, art, literature and religion to create a fictional story combined with facts boggles my mind each time I read his book. The descriptive language used in all of his books sets the scene in each chapter perfectly. To be completely honest, there isn't one way in which I can fault this man's work. 

It comes as no surprise that the Robert Langdon series have been made into films. As usual, the films are a bit disappointing especially if you've read the books. But I guess that's the case with all films that originate from literature. Nevertheless, it's exciting to see a work of art unfold on the big screen. I believe Columbia pictures are due to release The Lost Symbol soon; the third in the series following the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.
Inferno is a brilliant book! It certainly isn't a disappointment from its predecessor, The Lost Symbol. Set in Florence, the story takes you on a journey with Robert Langdon through various museums and cathedrals in search of clues to unlock the secret to a potential global disaster. 

I hate summarising books so I'm afraid you're going to have to take my word for it and read this piece of genius work.

2 comments:

  1. No words can be better put than the way Dan Brown arranges them, I lovee Inferno! Sorry for the invasion I just so excited to see the book :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The man is a genius. I love how he leaves you on a cliffhanger at the end of each chapter

      x

      Delete